Breast Augmentation Revision is performed to change the size or type of implants and/or to correct any complications from your previous breast augmentation surgery. Reason for removal maybe due to and not limited to: to change size or shape, issues with displacement, rotation, capsular contracture, implant rupture. Surgery can be combined with Breast Lift if over time your tissue has started sagging.
CosMediTour – Breast Revision
|Australian Surgery Locations||Sydney or see Thailand Options|
|Surgeon||Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon|
|Consultation||$290 Plastic Surgeon Consultation Fee|
|Surgery Time||2+ Hours (Day Surgery)|
|Anaesthesia||General Anaesthesia only is used.|
|Time Away||Sydney: 2 – 3 nights (depending on day of consultation)|
|Post-Operative Appointments||To be arranged with surgeon if local. Non locals are to see their local GP for checkup|
|Recovery and Results||3 – 6+ months Please discuss post surgery care instructions and support garment to be worn with your surgeon.|
|Revision Price||$16,700 (additional cost if lift is required)|
The exact procedure your surgeon will use for breast implant removal and replacement varies depending on the reason for your breast revision. The original incision used to insert the implant is almost always the same one used to remove it; however, if you undergo a breast lift, elevating the position of your nipple and areola will result in breast lift scars. See Breast Augmentation Page for implant information and Breast Lift/Breast Lift with Augmentation Page for lift techniques if one is required.
To find out more information regarding the brands, sizes, shapes, profiles of implants; and incision sites, please click the button below to view on our Implants section on the Breast Augmentation page.
All surgical procedures have potential and Inherent Risks and Complications, which vary from patient to patient depending on a range of factors and the extent of surgical work required. You must do your own research on any procedure that you are seeking to obtain. Following pre and post surgical care and instructions will also reduce your risks. The following include and not limited to:
- Temporary pain, swelling, bruising, infection, scarring, fluid build up (seroma), bleeding and haematoma, numbness, Keloid scarring, reaction to anaesthesia and medications
- Change in nipple sensation (hypersensitive or under sensitive)
- Poor healing or Necrosis (common with smokers)
- Issues if new pocket is to be created
- Implant Rupture
- Implant folding, rotation, rippling, bottoming out, asymmetry (symmetry is never guaranteed), double bubble, Capsular contracture, Implant rejection
- Stretch marks (abrupt expansion of the tissues)
- Ptosis (continued sagging of skin/tissue)
- Implant Rupture
Breast Revision Price Includes:
- Breast Revision Surgery
- No surcharge for dual plane implant placement (above / under pectoral muscle)
- Surgery at either East Sydney Private Hospital in Sydney or Thailand Hospitals
- Operating Theatre, Anaesthesiologist and all associated surgery and Hospital charges
- Surgery by a renowned Plastic Reconstructive Surgeon
- Highest quality Allergan or Polytech Health smooth or textured, round silicone gel implants
- Private ‘Invitation Only’ CosMediTour Surgery Forum to connect up with many other CosMediTour Clients and Patients staying in Sydney before you travel and during your stay
Breast Revision Price Excludes:
- All drugs, routine and take home medications
- Pre surgery Surgeon consultations
* Note: All procedures in Australia, are based on standard, non-complicated procedure patients and prices may vary depending on patient’s requirements.
FAQ’s – Breast Lift + Augmentation
Can I have my implant placed through the same incision site as before?
Yes, most likely you will be able to use the same incision site if you have had your implants placed through your inframammary fold (as this is the most precise for placement especially if corrective techniques are required alongside your implant revision). Incision sites will depend on a number of factors and will be determined by your Surgeon.
Can implant placement be altered if necessary?
It is possible to change the implant placement, however, this will be determined by your surgeon.
How long after Breast Augmentation can I have a Breast Revision?
The standard minimum waiting time is 6 months to ensure the initial surgery has fully healed, and the implant settled into place however generally 12 months is best to allow full recovery. The time can be shortened if the revision is due to complications related to the initial surgery and again will be determined by your surgeon.