Am I a Candidate for Breast and Abdomen Procedures?
Mother’s go through significant changes during and after pregnancy and the same can be said for clients who have lost a substantial amount of weight. While for some, these changes may mean stretch marks, others may be left with a large amount of excess abdominal skin and a significant change to their breast size and appearance. Formerly known as a Mummy Makeover, our personalised Breast & Abdomen Procedure combine a Breast Surgery with a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) to focus on specific areas of concern for our clients. In this blog, we’ll delve into Breast & Abdomen procedure eligibility, procedure options, and recovery essentials.
Before we begin, this procedure was typically referred to as a ‘Mummy Makeover’ – a term that implies that implies that the physical changes that come with pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding are undesirable. CosMediTour are committed to ensuring our communication is responsible, inclusive, and empowering for our clients. As such, will no longer be using terms like Mummy Makeover.
What is a Breast & Abdomen Procedure?
Breast and Abdomen Procedures provide our clients with an option to address some of their breast and abdominal concerns within a single surgical process. Being fully customisable to your individual needs, this procedure targets the areas that typically are of most concern to our clients following significant weight changes or the changes resulting from pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding.
Working hand-in-hand with their Plastic Surgeon, our clients can tailor their Breast & Abdomen Procedure to include the treatments that most appropriately align with your desired outcomes.
What is Included with my Breast & Abdomen Procedure?
Your fully customisable Breast & Abdomen Procedure package can be tailored to address your specific areas of concern. As outlined below, your package includes a Breast Surgery and Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) procedure. CosMediTour clients also sometimes opt to include Labiaplasty as part of their treatment plan to address personal concerns and discomfort. Liposuction can also be integrated as part of the client’s Treatment Plan.
How much does Breast and Abdomen Procedures cost in Australia?
The Package Price for CosMediTour’s Breast and Abdomen procedures include:
- Plastic Surgeon Fees
- General Anaesthetist Fees
- Premier Private Hospital Fees
- Personal Client Manager to Support You Throughout Your Journey
BREAST & ABDOMEN MAKEOVERS PRICED FROM $19,990 *
A combined BREAST & ABDOMEN SURGERY procedure restores the body after significant change, such as that from pregnancy. Offered in Sydney, this customisable package pairs Breast Surgery (Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, Breast Reduction with Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) options.
SYDNEY BREAST AUGMENTATION & TUMMY TUCK PRICES
Sydney Breast Augmentation & Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) from $19,990 *
Sydney Breast Augmentation & Extended Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) from $24,490 *
Sydney Breast Augmentation & Belt Lipectomy from $27,990 * VIEW PACKAGES +
Sydney Breast Lift & Standard Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) from $24,490 *
Sydney Breast Lift & Extended Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) from $26,490 *
Sydney Breast Lift & Belt Lipectomy from $29,990 * VIEW PACKAGES +
SYDNEY BREAST AUGMENTATION, BREAST LIFT & TUMMY TUCK PRICES
Sydney Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift & Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) from $24,990 *
Sydney Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift & Extended Tummy Tuck from $26,990 *
Sydney Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift & Belt Lipectomy from $29,990 * VIEW PACKAGES +
SYDNEY BREAST REDUCTION & TUMMY TUCK PRICES
Sydney Breast Reduction & Standard Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) from $24,490 *
Sydney Breast Reduction & Extended Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) from $26,490 *
Sydney Breast Reduction & Belt Lipectomy from $29,990 * VIEW PACKAGES +
*The prices on this page reflect a standard case. Clients with a greater degree of surgical complexity will incur higher fees. The easiest way to receive your personalised Quote, is to complete a free Online Assessment.
PLASTIC SURGERY FOR MOTHERS
When Can I Get Plastic Surgery After Pregnancy?
Your suitability for surgery will be evaluated during your Free Online Assessment. As with any Plastic Surgery procedure, CosMediTour clients must meet specific criteria to be eligible for this procedure.
A number of these criteria, some of which apply specifically to mothers, are outlined below.
- Do you want more children? For longer-lasting results, our Plastic Surgeons do not recommend this procedure for clients still planning to have children in the future.
- Have at least 12-months passsed since you were last pregnant?* Mothers must allow enough time for their bodies to fully recover from pregnancy and breastfeeding. For this reason, our Plastic Surgeons insist that clients wait at least 12 months to undergo this surgery.
- Are you Breastfeeding or Lactating? If not, how recently did this stop? Clients are unable to have breast surgery for six to twelve months after they finish breastfeeding or lactating. During this time your milk supply will cease, reducing your risk of infection.
- Are you at and able to maintain a healthy Body Mass Index before surgery. This typically leads to better surgical outcomes, a smoother recovery and faster healing.
- Do you have sufficient support at home? Can you arrange additional care for children during your recovery? (see below for more information)
* The 12-month period commences on your full-term pregnancy date. A 6-month period is required following pregnancy termination.
Client Before & After Results
Each year, thousands of clients entrust CosMediTour with their Plastic Surgery journey. Visit our Plastic Surgery Before and After Gallery to see some of the results.
Please note that results vary between individuals, results shown in this B&A Gallery do not guarantee the same outcomes for you. The images on this page feature real CosMediTour clients who have given consent to have their Before and After photos published.
What Support Will I Need After Plastic Surgery?
To minimise your exposure to potential post-surgery complications and ensure your results develop as intended, it’s important that you follow your Surgeon’s advice closely. This includes a mandatory period of rest after your Breast & Abdomen Procedure. For mothers in particular, achieving this will require a good support system around you.
Clients with young children, or pets for that matter, will require assistance for at least 4 weeks after their Breast & Abdomen Procedure. During this time, they will need to provide around the clock assistance with:
- Care for Dependents
- Cooking and House Maintenance
- Driving – Clients are not able to drive for 4-weeks after their Breast & Abdomen Surgery
- Heavy lifting of any kind – including lifting your children
Breast & Abdomen Procedure Recovery
Recovery varies from client to client. However, we advise clients to allow a strict 2-week period or rest and 4 to 6 weeks after a Breast and Abdomen Procedure before returning to work. Importantly:
- During the first 2 weeks of rest, lie with your upper body raised. During this time, your wounds must also be kept dry, so avoid showers – opt instead for sponge baths. Your Surgeon will advise when you can recommence bathing and lying flat.
- Limit exercise during the first week to walking around the house, being careful not to stretch the mid-section. Avoid strenuous exercise for 6 weeks
- Driving must be avoided for at least 4 weeks
You will be able to reintroduce normal activities over the 4 week period. However, this must be done slowly, carefully, and with your Plastic Surgeon’s permission. Your CosMediTour Client Manager will talk you through the specific requirements of your support person as you reach the planning stages of your procedure.